Jewelers of America’s Political Action Committee, JAPAC, is the only PAC that supports the fine jewelry industry in Washington, D.C. Through JAPAC, individual Jewelers of America members can join with other jewelry businesses in contributing to candidates for office at the federal level, who understand the interests of the jewelry industry. As an association, Jewelers of America is not permitted by law to make direct contributions to legislators. It created JAPAC as a way for its individual members’ collective voices to be heard on Capitol Hill.
JAPAC Lobbying ResultsJAPAC helps Jewelers of America and its legislative team in Washington, D.C., keep jewelers’ interests front-and-center in the nation’s capital! This ongoing and professional presence on Capitol Hill has made a difference:
- JAPAC has supported 75 sitting Members of Congress over the last two election cycles
- Jewelers of America leaders and JAPAC Board members hold an annual fly-in to Washington, D.C., meeting face-to-face with legislators.
- Jewelers of America leadership, staff, members and our legislative counsel, Haake & Associates, have held over 350 face-to-face meetings on Capitol Hill since 2010.
Contributions to JAPAC support these efforts and work on other issues:
- Efforts to pass sales tax fairness legislation
- Protecting the LIFO (last-in, first-out) accounting method from repeal
- Extension of the 15-year leasehold improvement depreciation provision
- To learn more about issues JAPAC is following, visit JA's Legislative Action Center.