Corporate contributions in federal elections are prohibited by law; however, the Jewelers of America Political Action Committee (JAPAC) can donate the collective financial contributions from eligible Jewelers of America members directly to the campaigns of legislators who support tax and regulatory issues that benefit the fine retail jewelry industry.
Jewelers of America members contributing to JAPAC should understand that JAPAC operates in strict accordance with Federal Election Commission regulations, which require that:
- JAPAC must not accept corporate donations or business checks.
- Contributions to JAPAC must be made by an individual employee of a member company.
- JAPAC must receive written authorization to solicit individuals at member companies for contributions. Solicitation of non-members is prohibited.
- If you are a JA member, complete the online authorization form online. You can also print the authorization form here and return by mail.
- Contributions are made without regard to party affiliation.